The Office of American Citizens Services and Crisis Management or ACS which is supervised by the State Department is the office in charge of informing the public regarding the international situation and the potential for risks and danger if an American will be safe to venture in other countries and regions. The office is the source of Travel Warnings and Travelers Weather that can be used by Americans to decide on whether or not they will pursue the plans of going out of the country and travel using some of the leading commercial airlines including United, US Airways, Continental and British Airways. The agency will come up with country-specific announcements and other details like Gas Price watch, Passport Info and Health Warnings that may help travelers ascertain the risks involved in travelling.
Country-Specific Risk Information Available
For travelers wanting specific details on their travels, then the agency can be tapped as a good source. The details and guides that are delivered by this office is not similar to what the Frommers, Food.com, Inside Out Magazine and Zagat Online deliver like Restaurants, Flight Arrivals, Flight Pager and Flight Tracker. The information offered is more on the sensitive side and can help save the travelers from harm. There are different kinds of details and information that can be generated from the resource for every country. Aside from the usual Speed Traps, Airport ATMs, Airport Directory and Currency Converter, the country-specific information will include information about health conditions, security and the risk for crimes. Other information like the distance of embassy like How far is it will be included in the country-specific risk information.
From time to time travel alerts will be issued that can help in the planning process. Some of the important events that will be monitored as part of the preparation of alerts include elections, disturbances and even health alerts. Travel alerts that will affect airlines like Delta and FAA Air Traffic Delays will be covered as well. Even other minor details like Cybercafe Search will be included in the announcements. Uprisings, war and other disturbances will be part of the report-generation of the office.
- Airport Directory - (PHL) is the only major airport serving the 5th largest metropolitan area in the United States.
- All Airlines - Aviation meeting place featuring: aviation news, up to date aviation databases, pilot weather, expert advice forums, focused links, and more.
- British Airways - British Airways, the full service airline, offer low airfares and hotels in holiday destinations around the world.
- Currency Converter - Get free live currency rates, tools, and analysis using the most accurate data.
- Delta - Fly with confidence. View a complete list of airplane types and seating maps.
- FAA Air Traffic Delays - Check with your airline to determine if your flight is affected.
- Flight Arrivals - Most comprehensive flight info site that has it all – Track arriving or departing flights, get flight maps, 3D seat maps, aircraft info, image gallery and more!
- Food.com - Food.com has a massive collection of recipes that are submitted, rated and reviewed by people who are passionate about food.
- Frommers – Brings you cheap airfares, bargain rate cruises, discounted hotel rooms, budget car rentals and money-saving advice, all written and reviewed by travel experts.
- Gas Price Watch - Find the lowest gas prices in your city and nearby cities.
- Health Warnings - Official U.S. government health recommendations for traveling.
- How far is it? - This service uses data from the US Census and a supplementary list of cities around the world to find the latitude and longitude of two places, and then calculates the distance between them.
- Passport Info - The Department of State’s Passport Services Directorate issues U.S. passports to traveling Americans. We protect the integrity of the U.S. passport as proof of U.S. citizenship at home and around the world.
- Restaurants - Read user submitted restaurant reviews and get restaurant ratings and view menus online at Dine.com. The largest restaurant guide written by you.
- Travelers Weather - Get the latest flight delays and airport weather conditions. Check the status of your flight and your business or vacation destination weather.
- US Airways - Customer service has always been a priority at US Airways, and they are committed to making every flight count for their valued customers.
- Zagat Online - Restaurant guide with reviews and ratings for restaurants everywhere.